[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Drop spinning

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri May 10 15:05:46 UTC 2019

Hi Tammy.
I am not an expert drop spinner, but, for me, it's a very tactile thing.  I
feel how the wool feels when I draft it out, ready to start spinning, and I
feel how it feels when it's twisted enough (or too much).
I think, if I was teaching another blind person, I'd show them the parts,
then I'd show them how the wool feels as one piece, then as it feels when
it's drafted--ready to spin--then how it feels when it's been spun to the
right twistiness.
My spinning has a lot of stops and starts--draft some, spin it, wind it on
the spindle, repeat.
Tracy