[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Want to know Wednesday

Ramona walhoframona at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 18:18:06 UTC 2019

It seems I seldom have time to spend in craft stores when traveling. Once I found a fabric store on Kauaii, and that was a lot of fun since I spent several days in one place without a busy itinerary. Sometimes you can get hand crafted items for good prices on cruise stops, but I have not seen a lot of things not made up. Once in Cartagena, Columbia, I toured a jewelry making school, and they showed us how to make some pretty neat stuff with unpolished emeralds and high quality silver. That was an excellent tour, and nobody worried about blindness. I've got a picture of me operating a machine that stretches silver bars until they are thin enough to make into rings, etc.
Ramona