[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Hand sewing class, what it is and isn't

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Wed Nov 20 21:24:54 UTC 2019

My sewing class tomorrow night is about sewing fabric.  I wouldn't use the
same technique for sewing together a knitted sweater, though I suppose one
could.

For knitting, I use the mattress stitch and a yarn needle.  I've only done
the mattress stitch once, so I need to be refreshed for the sweater I'll
soon have to sew together.  Then, if there's interest, maybe I could teach a
class on that.  I much prefer seamless knitting, but lately I've found a
couple neat patterns that are knitted flat then sewn together.

Anyway, that's not my class tomorrow.  Just thought I should let people
know, in case they were hoping for sewing together knitting.

Tracy