[NFB-Krafters-Korner] sewers please send me your answers...

blindhands at aol.com blindhands at aol.com
Sun Oct 6 00:00:43 UTC 2019

I am interested in finding out what kind of sewing all of you  are
interested in.  So answer my questions and I'll put my thinking cap on and
see what we come up with.  Please send your answers to me at:

Blindhands at AOL.com <mailto:Blindhands at AOL.com>   and not a reply to this
online.

1   Do you have a sewing machine?

2   Do you know how to thread it?

3   How much practice  do you have on a sewing machine?  Examples, I haven't
been on it since Jr. High?  Never sat at a sewing machine before, use to sew
before I lost my sight.

4   I have some usable sight, totally blind. [choose one]

I want to do some simple piecing projects.  [yes or no]

I want to get involve in making some quilts or throws.  Yes or No

I want to learn how to sew some clothes  yes or no

Do you have any sewing or quilting tools, such as:  cutting mat, rotary
cutter, scissors, Accuquilt & dies?  Please include a list of the dies you
might have.

Do you prefer to have fabric cut out for you or willing to do the cutting
yourself or with help from someone in your area?

Comments I care not to get:

I never sat at a machine before and I have 6 weeks to make my daughter's
wedding gown.

I did Jill's sewing class now I want to make a King size quilt and will you
teach me how to hand quilt?

Do you teach tailoring lessons online?

I have been sewing for 57 years and the last 22 years have been sewing in
total darkness.  So this all depends on your desire to learn and if after
you answer my questions and comments, you decide you are going to give it
your best try, then jump on this train and take a ride with me and the
others and give it your best shot!

Joyce Kane

Kane Kids Shop

https://www.blindmicemegamall.com/.../shop/Directory_Departments?store...