[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Sending out patterns for our group rectangles project

Jeanette Kutash kutash-jm at comcast.net
Thu Oct 31 17:50:52 UTC 2019

Good afternoon,

First, I apologize for not getting these out earlier. A personal situation
kept me away from my computer.

As we stated in the meeting, we are working on a group afghan project to be
raffled off at convention; we are using rectangles 7 inches wide by 9 inches
long which will be put together by our own Jill Rossiter.

All rectangles must be to her by March 15, 2020. Jill will provide her
mailing information at a later date.

Colors: earth tones in blue, green, tan, brown, cream and beige. No pure
white please. No dark blues or dark greens, please.

Yarn: Acrylic worsted weight which will give you anywhere from 17 to 20
stitches for 4 inches and usually 6 rows per inch. No wool blends or
straight woll, please.

Please do not put more than one color in each square, as the different
designs in patterns and colors may make the project too busy and
distracting.

For those of you who are knitting, I have put together 7 patterns to get you
started, but if you have one you would like to choose, feel free.

I am happy to communicate with any knitters who decide to do this project.
You may contact me directly at

Kutash-jm at comcast.net

Or by phone at

617-335-8966.

If I do not answer the phone and it goes to voicemail, please leave your
name, and speak your number slowly and I will return your call.

If there are people who wish to crochet, they should contact Tammy, our
President, and she will talk with you about patterns and how to proceed.

She can be reached at

Ms.sunflower61 at gmail.com

Or by phone at 402-904-5105.

If you have any questions for me or Tammy, please feel free to contact us.

The pattern stitches are below my signature.

Jeanette Kutash

BIRCH STITCH PATTERN

Multiple of 6 plus 3 stitches

Cast on 27 stitches.

Row 1 (RS): *P3, k3; rep from * to last 3 sts, p3.

Row 2: *K3, p1, k1, p1; rep from * to last 3 sts,

Knit pattern

4 stitches equals one inch.

cast on 28 stitches. Knit 6 to 8 rows. Measure across to see if your with is
7 inches. If so, continue knitting until you have nine inches length wise.

BABY DIAMOND

Cast on 26 stitches.

Pattern is a multiple of six stitches plus 2.

1. K1 *k3, o, sl1, k2tog, psso, o* Repeat between stars across row and end
last stitch k1.

2. Purl each row, purling each O as a separate stitch.

3. k1, *o, sl1, k2tog, psso, o, k3*

4. Repeat row 2.

Basket Weave

Cast on a multiple of 10 stitches plus 3.

1. *Knit 3, purl 7*. Repeat between asterisks and end row knit 3.

2. *p3, knit 7*. Repeat between asterisks across row, ending purl 3.

3. Same as row 1.

4. Purl.

5. purl 5, *knit 3, purl 7. Repeat between asterisks across row, ending purl
5 instead of purl 7.

6. knit 5, *purl 3, knit 7. Repeat between asterisks across row and end knit
5 instead of knit 7.

7. Same as row 5.

8. Purl.

BROKEN RIB

Cast on 29 stitches.

1. *K3 P1*. Repeat across row ending k1.

2. Repeat row 1.

Checker

Cast on a multiple of 6 stitches plus 3. (27)

1. *k3 p3*. Repeat between asterisks across ro, ending k3.

2. *p3 k3* repeat between asterisks, across row, ending p3.

3. Repeat row 1.

4. Same as row 1.

5. Same as row 2.

6. Same as row 1.

Double Moss Stitch

Cast on a multiple of 4 stitches, (try starting with 28).

1. *k2 p2*.

2. Repeat row 1.

3. *p2 k2*.

4. Same as row 3.