[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Potpourri Angel Instructions

Deborah MacIlroy debmacilroy at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 23:09:17 UTC 2019

Hi everyone, 	Here are the instructions for the potpourri angel we discussed in the Monday night chat yesterday.
Hope you have fun with this craft! If you have any questions, you can reach me at 602-616-3047.
Deb

Supplies Needed:
5.5  inch or 3 inch angel cookie cutter  (could use other shaped cookie cutters)
16  inch or 10 inch square netting (for easier measuring and cutting, 18 inch or 12 inch squares would also work)
Potpourri or other scented items such as broken cinnamon sticks and whole cloves
1 rubber band
1/4 inch wide ribbon, approximately 18 inches long
Optional: 6 inch ribbon for making a loop hanger (width of your choice)
Optional:			 18 inch long ribbon, width of your choice; tiny dried or silk flowers

Instructions:
1. Lay out the square of netting in front of you on the table with the corners arranged like a clock face at 12:00, 3:00, 6:00 and 9:00.
2. Lay the cookie cutter flat on the netting in the center of the square with the head of the angel pointing to the 12:00 corner.
3. Fill the cookie cutter with potpourri . You do want to make sure it is completely filled.
4. Bring the 6:00 corner up to the 12:00 corner, bring the 3:00 corner and the 9:00 corner up to the 12:00 corner.. Gather them together like you would if you were wrapping a gift basket with cellophane..
5. With all the edges of the netting gathered together, wrap the gathered netting with a rubber band right at the top, head end of the cookie cutter.
6. Pull the netting taut  so it secures the potpourri inside the cookie cutter.
7. If you would like to be able to hang your angel, you may now add a ribbon hanger. Take the optional 6 inch piece of ribbon , knot the 2 ends together to form a loop. Thread the loop under the rubber band so that there is a loop above and below the rubber band. Now thread one of the loops through the other loop, forming a hanger. This ribbon can be whatever width you prefer.
8. Take the 18 inch long, 1/4 inch wide ribbon  to cover the rubber band by tying it in a bow over the rubber band.
This is the basic craft. If you would like to add a little pizazz, you can tie the second optional ribbon around the waist of the angel, just under the angel’s wings and place the flowers in the bow.
I have also used gingerbread people cookie cutters instead of angels. I filled the gingerbread cookie cutters with whole cloves and pieces of cinnamon stick. At the chat last night we also talked about using other shaped cookie cutters or even mason jar lid rings to make ornament s for the tree  or making a square with plastic canvas, typing it with ribbon to make a present. And hanging it on the tree.
Have fun!