[NFB-Krafters-Korner] DIY mask

Ramona walhoframona at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 15:57:10 UTC 2020

I found some large cotton table napkins that are as good or better than bandanas. You can open the closed end of a pillow case if you have an extra and fold up the other end. If you run something stretchy or a tie around your head above the ears, you can hold most things in place for a couple of hours. Safety pins are not beautiful, but they can help hold the top of a mask in place. You can put a coffee filter inside a t-shirt to make the knit fabric a better filter. Rubber bands and ponytail elastics can be used to make the ends that tie in back hold their place better. I keep picking up little ideas from various places. In my neighborhood, there are a lot of people out walking (comparitively speaking) But they are keeping good distance from each other. Weather is beautiful here this week: sixties and sunny with no wind. I'm glad houses are not too crowded together, and we can be outside with relatively little risk. But I think this is not true in bigger cities and neighborhoods with lots of apartment buildings. So I think judgness in required.
Ramona