[NFB-Krafters-Korner] OT: Auction Opportunity

Tammy Freitag ms.sunflower61 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 17:49:28 UTC 2020

For the auction lovers in the group, you can check this opportunity out:
***Info***
THE MISSOURI COUNCIL OF THE BLIND 2020 ONLINE AND TELEPHONE AUCTION

We have approximately 40 items to auction.

When: April 19, 2020, from 4-7pm CDT.

With: President Naomi Soule and Executive Director Chris Gray as your
auctioneers.

How: Call in and place bids by phone or online directly through the ZOOM
platform.

Who: Our entire blindness community and their sighted friends throughout the
US are invited to participate. Tell your friends and family, and let's make
this a great success!

Register here for the MCB Telephone and Online Auction

 <https://www.moblind.org/news-events/links/auction-registration.html>
https://www.moblind.org/news-events/links/auction-registration.html

Go here to see the auction Item List

 <https://www.moblind.org/news-events/auction-items.html>
https://www.moblind.org/news-events/auction-items.html

2020 AUCTION DESCRIPTION AND RULES

1. Registering: If you plan to bid, you must register with MCB either with
the online registration form,
<https://www.moblind.org/news-events/links/auction-registration.html>
https://www.moblind.org/news-events/links/auction-registration.html or by
calling either Virginia or Eleanor at the MCB office (314) 832-7172, or by
email at clerk at moblind.org.  You will need to provide the following
information:

your name; telephone number; email address

if applicable, and the city and state where you live. Please also include
the best way to contact you so we can reach out to the top early bidders for
each item prior to the day of the actual auction. Registration will begin on
Friday, February 7 and continue through Wednesday,  April 15. Early bidding
begins on Monday April 13.

2. Bidding: Pre-bids will be taken starting on Monday April 13 and continue
through Friday at noon on April 17.  The items for sale in the auction will
be circulated on the MCB website  <http://www.moblind.org/>
http://www.moblind.org, and listserves and other listserves as appropriate.
Each auction item will have its own number.

TWO WAYS TO SUBMIT EARLY BIDS

1. Email your bids to the MCB office to clerk at moblind.org; include your
Name, Bidder number, Item number on which you are bidding, your bid amount,
and

the best way to contact you. Put the word auction in the subject line of any
email sent to the MCB office related to the auction. You will receive an
email

acknowledgement of your bid.

2. Submit bids to either Eleanor or Virginia between the hours of 9:00 AM to
3:00 PM Central, by providing your name and bidder number given to you  with
your registration.

Whether you submit your bid by telephone or email, Eleanor or Virginia will
inform you of the high bid if your bid has already been exceeded.
Occasional

updates of the high bids for each item will be placed on the lists during
the early bidding phase, thereby allowing early bidders to be aware of high
bids

and submit additional bids. While Eleanor or Virginia can tell you the
current high bid on an item, or email you an auction list upon request,
we're sorry

but they cannot read you the auction list or call you if a higher bid comes
on your items.

LIVE AUCTION

Registration Is Now Open

You must register in order to bid. Register any time throughout the entire
auction by calling (314) 832-7172

Join Zoom by dialing in through your landline or mobile device or by using a
link through your computer or smartphone.

Phone: 929-205-6099

Pass Code: 2509078857

Or go to:

 <https://zoom.us/j/2509078857> https://zoom.us/j/2509078857

THE AUCTION PROCESS

1. All participants will be automatically muted when you enter the call.

2. Raise your hand to join the queue to be recognized: From your land line
phone, press *9; press alt y on your PC or command y on your Mac, and on
your

smart phone, locate the More button at the bottom right of the screen and
double-tap. There are four buttons displayed. The second button from the
left

is the raise hand button, double-tap and your hand will be raised.

3. Placing a bid: We will unmute you and ask for your bid when it is your
turn, then we will lower your hand. To bid again, raise your hand again,
just

as you did before, wait to be called upon, and state your bid. We will again
repeat your bid, lower your hand, and wait for another bid.

IMPORTANT: The "raise hand" command is a toggle. If you enter the command a
second time, you will lower your hand. We will always lower your hand for
you.

Please do not, under any circumstances, mute and unmute yourself. This will
interfere with other bidders and will make it necessary for us to drop you

from the call.

4. Each item is scheduled for about five minutes. We will announce when an
item is about to close. All winners will be announced on the call.

5. Getting Help prior to the auction: If you are uncertain how to use the
zoom client and need help prior to the auction day, contact Auction Co-Chair

Denny Huff for assistance.  dhuff at moblind.org

6. Getting Help during the auction: If you just aren't being recognized,
call (314) 832-7172 and your bid will be forwarded to the auctioneers. If
yours

is in fact the high bid, you will be acknowledged even if bidding has
closed.

AUCTION ETIQUETTE

Because bidders will be participating in the live broadcast of the auction,
some rules must be followed in order for the event to be pleasant for
everyone. Anyone

not following these rules will be dropped from the bidding line and could be
blocked from re-entering the call and participating in the auction.

a. Do not mute and unmute yourself. Doing so will interfere with others on
the call.

b. Foul language, broadcast of inappropriate video etc. will not be
tolerated. Any individual engaging in such behaviors will be immediately
blocked from

the auction.

c. Raise your hand only when you wish to bid. Wait for your turn to bid; we
will call on you in the order hands are raised. Do not raise your hand just

to ask a question.

d. While your hand is raised and you are waiting to bid, make sure your
surroundings are quiet. Turn down the radio; ask others in the room to
please stop

talking; stop rattling paper, washing dishes, setting the microwave etc.
Remember that background noise is amplified when you are on the air, and it
is

irritating to others.

PAYING FOR ITEMS

Placing a bid is a commitment on your part to pay for that item, should you
be the winner. All items are sold as is, and all sales are final.  Payment

must be made by credit card using VISA, MasterCard, Discover or American
Express; no checks accepted.

Within two to three days following the auction, the MCB office will begin
contacting winners to obtain credit card and mailing information. This
process

may take several days. If a winner defaults on a bid, the runner-up will be
contacted concerning the item.

SHIPPING

Shipping charges are the responsibility of the buyer and will be added to
the final sale price. If you purchase multiple items, shipping will be
combined

whenever possible. Sorry, but we cannot offer international shipping. For
more information, or if you have questions, please contact the Auction
Committee

at (314) 832-7172.

The Auction Committee wishes to extend our sincere thanks to all who have
worked hard to make this a fun and profitable event.

--
Independence is yours .  Are you willing to reach for it?
Tammy