[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Introduction

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu Apr 23 13:58:02 UTC 2020

Hi Gina.
Good for you, busting out of your comfort zone and trying new things!  The
panels you are creating sound neat.
Crochet is good for making flowers and other kinds of decorations.  There
are lots of free patterns online, + instructions for learning to crochet.
Bookshare also has a book called Blooming Crochet, which has a variety of
hats and flowers to decorate them with.  I bet the flowers could as easily
be used in other ways besides for hats.

I have been blind most of my life.  I was lucky and got a good education,
including braille at an early age, and now I have a good job as a computer
programmer.
My mom taught me to knit and crochet when I was a kid.  I stopped doing
either for a long time once I started college, but I picked knitting back up
10-15 years ago, and restarted some crochet a couple years back.  I've
become a good knitter, and I'm getting better with crochet.
Welcome to the list.
Tracy