[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Embroidery questions

blindhands at aol.com blindhands at aol.com
Tue Dec 29 23:16:28 UTC 2020

I had embroidered a lot when I was sighted by hand.  So I do remember how to make some of the stitches.  I did a lot of crewel and many, many hand sewing projects.  I also sewed on a sewing machine since I was 11 years old.  I woke up from coronary bypass surgery 23 years ago in total darkness.

I started this division as I wanted to share and learn how other blind folks did their crafting.

Going back 4 1/2 years I went out and purchased an embroidery machine and set out to learn how I could learn how to use it.  I now have 3 embroidery machines and run a small embroidery business.

I am the quilting teacher here and I am just finishing up the quilt class which folks received an embroidered center block that I included in their quilt kits.

Joyce Kane
 Kane Kids Shop