[NFB-Krafters-Korner] New Here. Two Questions about Stitches

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sat Jan 4 15:00:51 UTC 2020

Hi Jen.
Welcome to the list!  And the pillow your friend gave you sounds real neat.

I used to do crewel, which is a kind of embroidery with thin yarn.  I had a
braille book on how to do it.  The book might still be available from BARD.
Try a search on crewel.  It described how to make all the different kinds of
stitches.

I also have done sewing, though lately it's only been for mending.  I'd like
to get back into it.  It's perfectly possible for a totally blind person to
sew, so long as you're careful, if you're using a sewing machine.  Hand
sewing is easy-peasy, just a bit slower than with a machine.
Tracy