[NFB-Krafters-Korner] First Things First

Jen spiderweb1 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 6 23:05:38 UTC 2020

My first sewing project is to embroider a spiderweb. I've been planning this
in my head ever since I discovered the stitches in my quilt. I'm not sure
whether I'll do it on a hanky or pillow like my friend, but I'll get there
when I get there.

Anyway, before I get to my spiderweb, I need to learn how to make  a stitch!
Hence my subject linne.

Do any of you stitchers have tips for me? I was thinking of having a sighted
person put a line of hot glue on wherever I was gonna make my stitch. Then,
I would trace it with my thread.

Also (and this is big), how do you keep track of your needles? I was advised
to never, ever lose my needle, or I may just sit on it! Ouch!

Please don't laugh, but I'm really excited to make my first stitch soon. My
amazing sewist friend has inspired me; if she can make a great pillow, so
can I in time. And I may just give it as a gift like my friend did me...

Jen

spiderweb1 at sbcglobal.net