[NFB-Krafters-Korner] First Things First

Ramona walhoframona at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 15:32:23 UTC 2020

Jen, you asked how to keep from losing the needle. I thought you meant while you are doing a project. Just run the needle back and forth a few times near your work. A double fabric may be better than a single piece, but any fabric can be doubled temporarily.

If you want to keep track of needles between projects, pin cushions are good. Often I go through the corner of pin cushion: in from the top and out through the side, especially with a small needle. Otherwise it can get buried in the pin cushion. One time I found several needles buried in my mother's pin cushion, found them by sticking my fingers.  Of course, you can store needles on the little cards or pieces of paper they come on. You can also put them through a bit of thread on a spool. This is often what I do when I have some thread left on the needle. I can keep the needle in the spool with the same color of thread. The more you work, the more little tricks you will find.  I often put yarn needles on safety pins attached to something. Their eyes are large enough to put a pin through. Sewing needles are not fat enough for this.
Ramona