[NFB-Krafters-Korner] swatching ETC.

Bernice Bird bernice.j.bird at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 01:34:12 UTC 2020

I always resist swatching to determine sizing. This week I started a shawl
with the captive hearts pattern. I cast on 312 stitches and did seed stitch
for 4 rows, and then started right into the pattern. I thought, "what are
these holes?" Then I did another 2 rows, and decided I didn't like it. So I
did 312 stitches times 8 just to realize I didn't like the pattern. If I had
just worked the pattern once, it would have saved time and aggravation. So,
this the long way to say swatching isn't just for sizing, it is also good
for seeing if you actually like a pattern since most of us can't see the
pattern.

Be safe, and hibernate at home and complete some of those projects we have
unfinished.

Bernice and the adorable Lolo.