[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Division Business

Tammy Freitag ms.sunflower61 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 21:17:13 UTC 2020

Yep, Me again!  Hahaha!

Seems that we have had a few folks pay dues, so Welcome aboard!! I am
excited to have you with us!

If you are not a member and want to join us, you can take advantage of
our Early Bird Membership.  Cathy has been posting information about
that.  If you pay now, your membership will extend to June 30, 2021.
You get a bonus of a few months.  The other Bonuses are you can attend
all the classes offered, be able to apply for our Convention
Scholarship and rent a table at the Craft Sell at the National
Federation of the blind National Convention for a reduced rate.  Lots
of bang for $20.00!

Pop Up Classes
As I said earlier we are offering what is called Pop Up Classes.
Here's how that works.  The teacher contacts me for a class date which
is about 2 weeks out.  That teacher promotes the class on the
listserv.  If you want to take part in that class, you contact the
teacher directly by private email.  The teacher will send you the
telephone information for the class.  Hopefully, more teachers will
join the fun and help us make it through all of this Pandemic.

This year's convention is in Houston, TX.  You can check www.nfb.org
for registration information.  It is a bit early for convention
changes to be made.  I will let you know of any changes when I receive
them.  Right now, plan on attending.
Convention Scholarship
Dixie has been sending out information about the Division's
scholarship.  If your dues were paid before January 1, 2020 and you
plan to attend the NFB Convention, you can apply for a little help.
These applications HAVE to be in soon!  Watch for more information.

Craft Sell
Our Division offers an opportunity for crafters to sell their crafts
at the convention.  Terry Powers will put out more information about
this.  She is the contact person for a table.  The Division also has a
table that sells items donated by members.  All proceeds from this
table go into the Division treasury.

If you make products to sell, start building up your stock.  If you
have items to donate to the Division table, you can send them to me by
mail or deliver them to me at the convention.  I do have a few items
from last year but not enough to fill a table.  Your donations are
appreciated!

If you have further questions, please let me know!
ms.sunflower61 at gmail
H: 402-904-5105

Happy Crafting!

--
Independence is yours .  Are you willing to reach for it?
Tammy