[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Finding a particular yarn

Ramona walhoframona at gmail.com
Mon May 4 15:43:38 UTC 2020

You can't really know what a yarn feels like without touching it. Certain types are pretty similar. Simply Soft is a sort of light-weight four-ply acrylic yarn and is usually pretty soft, but have no idea how it compares to your sweater. Dazzle or fuzzy yarns are soft, but a little harder to work with. They do make good scarves. Often you can use pretty large needles so they go together fast, even if working slowly and carefully.

I made knitted flowers for a driss for my granddaughter when she was about four years old. They were cute, but not nearly as nice as those I could buy inexpensively at a fabric store. I made identical dresses for my other two granddaughters and bought those flowers. I haven't thought about those dresses for a long time. The kids are all teen-agers, and I have no idea what they did with the dresses, but wore them quite a bit. Don't even know if I could find the pattern, but fbowers were added after dresses were complete otherwise. I once had a picture of all three, but don't even know if I could find that.
Ramona