[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Classes are an important part of the division

blindhands at aol.com blindhands at aol.com
Sun May 24 04:48:27 UTC 2020

Going back 12 years ago we had our first phone class here at the NFB Krafters Division in June.  I was there and have been involved in teaching and participating in a lot of the classes given here.  It is an important part of this division to teach, learn and create our crafts without sight.
The past 2 years I have sat back and relaxed, but I am back and will be returning back to CT June 24.
It was mentioned at the last Monday Night Chat that I not only encourage the giving of classes, but I would help teachers get experience in testing out a class, but was a student for many of our students to teach me their class.  It would give them a chance to run thru it and I would ask questions and listen to their answers and then I would be at their first class to support them.
I can not express how important it is to give the class with the students working on the project during class.  As questions arise answers and explanations are given.  Teachers receive support from other students within their classes, as maybe the way the teacher tells how to do it and if a student doesn't get it, another student mightdescribe it another way and the student will have the light bulb turn on.
I have done an awful lot of different crafts and have been experience with some of these before I went blind d  and have come up with ways to do it without sight.
I am offering my service to any of you who might think they would like to try teaching.  Contact me off list atBlindhands at AOL.comand let me know when a good time would be and mention the supplies I will need and we can set up a session.
Remember any project or  technique  I will be willing to work with you on.
Christmas in August is up around the bend which is a great time to share by teaching a project you have made manyof them during the years.  I have my 6 nights picked out in August and I will be putting in the class info soon.
Joyce Kane
PS I might notschedule the test classes until after I return back, but if I can get the supplies I will do some before I go back.