[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Sewing classes

blindhands at aol.com blindhands at aol.com
Sun May 24 05:40:11 UTC 2020

For those of you who are looking forward to me teaching Sewing/quilting I am planning now .
I just need to get some input back from those who are interested and I want to let you know a little of pricing.  I wilkl not make kits but I wanted to let you know what my plans are.A class I will have in July.  I will teach how to make a potholder.  This can be made out of scraps a charm pack and  a small amount of batting.  This is basically getting you ready for the next quilting project.
I am thinking of doing the next project in August and folks can use Christmas fabric or whatever you want.
You will needd a jelly roll   2 1/2" by 45" strips.2 yards of backing fabric and 1 yard fabric for bindingYou will need to purchase a particular batting and I will provide more information on that.  The jelly roll should have approx. 40 strips   This runs around $35 averaging about $40 and can go up into over $50.  I found the batting chepest at Keepsake quilting under $9.  With this you will be making 4 placemats and a table runner
Well enough for me tonight.  Send your questions to Blindhands at AOL.com
I gave you a lot tonight to think about.  You can sew the placemats and table  runner by machine or hand sew it.  I will be concentrating on the machine sewing.Good Night.,Joyce