[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Pony beading

Cathy Flesher flowersandherbs at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 21:59:26 UTC 2020

Hi all,

Those of you who did not join Joyce’s Halloween beading classes really missed two projects that turned out really cute. The ghost and Jack-o-lantern were immediately recognizable by my daughter and her husband. Pony beading involves stringing beads onto a cord or wire. You cut the wire and fold it in half to find the center and anchor a bead there. Then you use the left and right cords to weave the cords through a row of beads. We have had these classes in the past and I had forgotten how much I enjoyed them. I was happy to learn that Joyce is offering more pony beading classes coming up soon. You can purchase her kits which is quite handy, or go out and purchase a bunch of beads and have some one sort them for you. I have found that simply purchasing a mixed bag is not the best choice since you sometimes may not have enough beads of the color you need for the project. I went and ordered some bags of beads all in the same color. I have also found that is best to use beads from the same company if you wish to make a project. Black is black and white is white, but with many of the colors the shades are different for the same color. I found this out when I was sorting through a few beads with an Aira agent.

Personally I prefer to use wire rather than cord. I think it keeps the shape of the project better.
Hope to see some more of you in class soon.
Cathy F

May God bless you.
 Cathy F