[NFB-Krafters-Korner] OT: A Million Laughs for Literacy Gala

Lisamaria lisamaria0217 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 15:35:36 UTC 2020

I wanted to share this fundraising event with all of you. It supports braille literacy and it is a very good cause. $50 will get you an entertaining night with comedian Jim Gaffigan. I will be the host for the evening. I would love to see as many of you there! The link to buy tickets is below, and below that, is a description of the event.

https://www.classy.org/event/a-million-laughs-for-literacy-2020-virtual-gala/e294417?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=FY20%20Gala

A Million Laughs for Literacy is Going Virtual for 2020.
The laughs for this year’s event will be provided by Actor & Comedian, Jim Gaffigan, in a live stream performance.

For more than 15 years, the A Million Laughs for Literacy Gala has raised millions to support National Braille Press' Braille Literacy Programs which exist to ensure blind and visually impaired children have access to the critical braille resources they need in order to develop crucial literacy skills like reading and writing.

Together, we can defend EVERYONE'S RIGHT TO READ, increase braille literacy, and foster a love of reading by providing books and materials in braille to blind and visually impaired children.
[Image: A Million Laughs For Literacy 2020 announcement that includes circular photos of braille readers and Jim Gaffigan as well as colorful circles]
#BrailleIsLiteracy #Braille #RightToRead #NBPGala2020

Sent from my iPhone