[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Remember Meet the Blind Month

Jill Rossiter jillbilly4 at comcast.net
Sun Sep 13 22:21:44 UTC 2020

Hi,

We are almost half way through September!  Can you believe it!  For those
who were not able to listen  to the presidential release on September 1, I
wanted to bring up a topic that was mentioned.  As you might know October is
Meet the Blind Month.  President Riccobono challenged affiliates and
divisions to come up with creative ways to celebrate this month and educate
the public about blindness.  October 15 is White Cane day.  October is also
National disability employment awareness month.  Our community of folks
still have a rate of unemployment which is unacceptable.  I challenge you
all to think about what the National Federation of the Blind means to you.
Also, think of ways that you can better educate your family, friends, and
communities about the abilities of persons who are blind.  Make something
special to share with these people.  We all enjoy crafting, let's put these
talents to good use dispelling the myths that blind people lack creativity
or skills.  Joyce and I are working on some special things for Monday nights
in October, so stay tuned.

OFFICIAL PLEDGE OF THE NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND

I pledge to participate actively in the effort of the National Federation of
the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind; to
support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to abide by its
Constitution.

Sincerely,

Jill Rossiter

1st Vice-President National Federation of the Blind Krafters Division

National Federation of the Blind of Alabama At Large Chapter President