[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Mod podge?

Cathy Miller guillcat at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 19:38:39 UTC 2021

Oh Wow!  I’ve been waiting for this news for years and years.  The dishwasher-safe variety would be perfect for this project that I messed up totally a.long time ago and never tried again; but it would be so beautiful!  Here is how it goes:

Take a set of clear glass plates.  Find a beautiful lace fabric and cut it out to fit the size of each plate.  Lay the plate on a clean, flat surface upside down.  Place the lace over the bottom of the plate and cover with mod lodge; let dry.  These would make beautiful Christmas table setting.

I used regular mod lodge, and the stuff did not harden sufficiently to suit the purpose.  But listen: I found some beautiful fire-engine-red lace from one of the far eastern countries at an import store in Houston.  This would have been perfect for Christmas!

I felt so bad after failing at this project.  I don’t think I will try again.  But it’s worth keeping in mind for one of those times when you’re browsing fabrics.

Thanks for finding the variety of mod lodge flavors!  What a find!!!

Sigh.  Sorry.  Maybe if I’d placed initial caps on Mod Podge my software would not have changed my Podges to lodges.
Excitedly,

Cathy Miller