[NFB-Krafters-Korner] What is everyone working on these days

Ramona walhoframona at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 13:53:46 UTC 2021

I am into knitted teddy bears, large and small. I keep playing with variations. Don't forget the class for the basic bear. This class will be in September, but you should sign up early. I will send out the pattern for the body as soon as I receive a list of students. Knitting the body is very easy, so the class will focus on assembling the bear which has some really fun things in it. I think you will be happier if you do most of the knitting before and between classes. Nothing is difficult, but may be different for many. These bears make great Christmas presents for kids of all ages. I found out Joann's has pollyfoam stuffing in bags and boxes from 5 pounds to 20 pounds. I do not think many will need 20 pounds, but I did buy a 5 pound box because it makes the price of each bear much less, and I knew I was going to make some big ones. I have two that are 28 inches tall. I will have a big one and a little one that match. Not enough matching yarn to make Mamma bear. Do you think she could be a difference color? Maybe I should make a Goldie Locks, too. Or maybe I could cheat and find a cheap doll in the dollar store.
Cheers!