[NFB-Krafters-Korner] February Book selection for black history month.

Jill Rossiter jillbilly4 at comcast.net
Sun Jan 31 02:38:38 UTC 2021

Hello,
I will be hosting our book discussion for February.  Since February is black history month, I have selected the book listed below.
The Black Rose DB51665
Due, Tananarive. Reading time: 17 hours, 47 minutes.
Read by Bob Moore. A production of the National Library Service for the Blind and Physically Handicapped, Library of Congress.

Historical Fiction

Sarah Breedlove, orphaned at age seven, strives to overcome her poverty-stricken childhood in 1860s and 1870s Louisiana. She establishes her own laundry business, develops a line of hair-care products, turns her kitchen into a beauty parlor, and becomes Madame C.J. Walker--America's first black female millionaire. Based on research by Alex Haley. 2000.
Please be sure to download the book and let us celebrate the accomplishments of Madame C.J. Walker.
Jill Rossiter

                                Sent from Mail for Windows 10