[NFB-Krafters-Korner] yarn

Cathy Miller guillcat at gmail.com
Sat Jun 12 16:36:31 UTC 2021

Bernice,
It’s not just the color difference that determines the difference in yarn size.  I also bought Red Heart Super Saver yarn, same color and same weight (4), and ended up with one skein that was thinner.  I thought it felt different as I was working up the second sleeve of my black sweater but I was almost done, so I went ahead and finished the sleeve.  The right sleeve is a perfect fit, and the left sleeve is much too tight.  I will take it out and do it over again with another skein of the same yarn from a new skein I bought for that express purpose.  It’s very difficult to determine if the new skein will be the same weight or not.

I’m sorry, but I don;’t know any other way to fix this.  Definitely not good marketing strategy for Red Heart.  I think we should continue to monitor until one of us has enough to information to contact the manufacturer and report the flaw.  I’m sure they’d want to know.  Anyone else want to chime in on this?  Please copy me on my personal email address, as I don’t read all posts to the list.  Guillcat at gmail.com.

Cathy Miller who thought until now that it was her imagination