[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Convention info

ms.sunflower61 at gmail.com ms.sunflower61 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 02:27:29 UTC 2021

       NFB21 Is Next Week: Don't Miss These Pre-Convention Activities

We are looking forward to another great convention. Please continue to stay
tuned for announcements and updates. We encourage you to share this
information with chapter members who may not receive emails.

More information, including the Spanish version of the agenda, can also be
found at
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fnfb.org%2Fcivicrm%2Fmailing%2Fu
rl%3Fu%3D21871%26qid%3D5616656&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNEuF4OkxcWaVpXxV6MKxOqX
HL9Zsw> https://nfb.org/convention.

June 29: Rookie Roundup

President Riccobono and Board of Directors Chairperson Pam Allen preview
convention activities and provide a historical perspective of the
organization and how it grew into the leading voice in the blindness field.
If you are new to the NFB, come learn a little more about our dynamic
organization and the extended family that could become your own. Join us
Tuesday, June 29, from 8:30 to 9:30 p.m. eastern. Connect via Zoom:
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fnfb.org%2Fcivicrm%2Fmailing%2Fu
rl%3Fu%3D21872%26qid%3D5616656&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNH0J65Ri5PNvH3S-wNjeoRz
1O3UXw> https://zoom.us/j/99605070015.

A review of the voting process will be provided during Rookie Roundup with
the opportunity to participate in the first vote of the 2021 National
Convention. The phone number for voting is 667-206-6677. The number and
voting instructions will be sent via email to qualified voters in addition
to being posted to the convention information page.

We cannot wait to welcome you!

June 30: Feasting Together-Cooking and Cocktails

Attend this pre-convention activity to help prepare for the banquet on June
30 at 6:00 p.m. eastern via Zoom. Federationists Regina Mitchell and Hoby
Wedler will share a couple of recipes and give tips to having a successful
banquet dinner, no matter what your planned meal is. Please send your
planned menu or any cooking questions to
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fnfb.org%2Fcivicrm%2Fmailing%2Fu
rl%3Fu%3D21873%26qid%3D5616656&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNET4bVWuSiWCuJvaWddyZrp
a9DTRA> communications at nfb.org. Connect via Zoom:
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fnfb.org%2Fcivicrm%2Fmailing%2Fu
rl%3Fu%3D21874%26qid%3D5616656&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNFOn0kQiO4Bd8O3X8xHjWsK
o06Osg> https://zoom.us/j/9210693838.

Ways to Access and Connect

There are many ways to connect to convention events and activities:

*	All convention sessions, including the board meeting, general
sessions, and the banquet, will be held via Zoom. Meeting IDs and Zoom
links are
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fnfb.org%2Fcivicrm%2Fmailing%2Fu
rl%3Fu%3D21875%26qid%3D5616656&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNExrMTZBYMQVCRrFnLBN8IT
m53mZg> provided in the agenda as well as our virtual event platform,
CrowdCompass.
*	Personalize your agenda, visit the exhibit hall, network with
attendees, and more on the virtual event platform, CrowdCompass. Login via
the
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fnfb.org%2Fcivicrm%2Fmailing%2Fu
rl%3Fu%3D21876%26qid%3D5616656&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNFmd5xqSckqYB7QtSqNDBZ0
ozX8eA> mobile app or
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fnfb.org%2Fcivicrm%2Fmailing%2Fu
rl%3Fu%3D21877%26qid%3D5616656&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNEm54_0Q75lRvN0T5Ppj-m-
FYKURQ> the web.
*	Review our
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fnfb.org%2Fcivicrm%2Fmailing%2Fu
rl%3Fu%3D21878%26qid%3D5616656&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNHvmjD1bd9fIq2a-8-3pTTW
rNBazw> Zoom information page for tips and tricks, keyboard shortcuts, and
local dial-in numbers for those who prefer to connect via phone. Find your
local number and then enter the appropriate Zoom meeting ID.

Code of Conduct

who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind. Our organization
requires a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion, and we are
committed to a safe and welcoming environment. As part of that effort,
registration for national convention requires that you agree to the code of
conduct. The NFB Code of Conduct outlines policies and standards for anyone
who participates in Federation activities. Please read our code of conduct
at
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fnfb.org%2Fcivicrm%2Fmailing%2Fu
rl%3Fu%3D21879%26qid%3D5616656&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNHJZcs8ognXRXqnBG4zsF28
YHlwJg> https://nfb.org/codeofconduct and become familiar with the
reporting process. Thank you for your commitment to the safety and support
of the blind community.

Reminders

*	Purchase tickets for the One Voice: #StrongerTogether #NFB21
Concert at https://nfb.org/concert.
*	Tell us you're
<https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fnfb.org%2Fcivicrm%2Fmailing%2Fu
rl%3Fu%3D21881%26qid%3D5616656&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNGcZHLMeb3e99R4BT1WMf4A
H94JUA> hosting a banquet party by June 30.