[NFB-Krafters-Korner] funny thing has happened

Bernice Bird bernice.j.bird at gmail.com
Mon Mar 15 18:33:41 UTC 2021

Hi fellow krafters,

An interesting thing has happened to me. When we were knitting a sweater as
a group, I had to go up in my needle size. My stitches were too tight. Well,
recently, I have been making all of my dishcloths on size 5 needles, because
obviously my knitting has loosened up. My cloths come out about 8 to 9
inches across. I'm wondering if I am weird, or if this has happened to
anybody else. I don't care for loose lacy stitches, so I'm happy with the
way my work feels.

One time I bought quite a lot of cotton yarn, and when my Mom passed away,
my sister gave me all of her yarn stash. Also, I traded a piece of furniture
for a friend's yarn stash and her knitting looms because her arthritis
prevents her from crafting. I have ended up with a lot of yellow yarn. Six
skeins are a very soft cotton yellow yarn. I need to find something special
to make with it. I don't want to make a blanket, because it is pretty thin.
And after making a baby blanket out of D K yarn, I said never again. I don't
know anybody with a baby on the way, so a baby set is not good. It is too
nice for dishcloths and potholders. I'm open for ideas.

Bernice Bird
NFB NEWSLINE Outreach Coordinator
NFB of New York State, Inc.