[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Finding the end of the thread

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu Nov 11 15:16:59 UTC 2021

I have a pack of small spools of thread.  I had a heck of a time finding the end of the thread on one the other day.  I felt by the nib that supposed to hold the end.  I ran my nail all over, trying to find an end.  No joy.  Finally, I just poked at it enough to loosen a bit and made my own end, which is now getting to be a problem, as I knew it would.
It's been a long time since I had to start a new spool of thread.  Is there some trick I've forgotten about finding the end?
Tracy