[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Sewing Machines for beginner?

blindhands at aol.com blindhands at aol.com
Fri Nov 19 04:20:12 UTC 2021

I am the teacher who teaches the sewing/quilt class.  It all depends  on how much money you want to spend, how much experience you have had using a sewing machine and what you think you want to make.

As that was recommended & I did not recommend this in the past, but definitely go to a place they sell sewing machine like a quilt shop, etc.  I have   changed my mine
and I will share my reasons.  I do suggest you do research first.

The reason I recommend going to a place like a quilt shop is they do have used machines and in my quilt shop they repair and take trade-ins.  Before they put them up for sale they do clean them and are sure they are in working condition.  Now for another excellent reason with purchasing it thru  a sewing machine dealer, you have a place that will sit with you and show you how to thread the machine, fill the bobbin and explain all the buttons and even help you add the raised dots on it.  You always have a place to take your machine into when you have any questions.

I have read about the machines my quilt shop has available and let me tell you can find sewing machines in there that comes with starting up classes and come with a warrantee, too.  My quilt shop has machines starting as low as maybe $75 to $150 and if you made a purchase at Walmart, you have no  one to teach you about the machine.

Go to the  sewing machine store and pick the brains of the sales person& then do more research.

If you have any questions please reach out to me and I would be happy to speak to you.

Joyce Kane