[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Sharing Pattern NOTICE!!!

krafters.division.president at gmail.com krafters.division.president at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 02:12:19 UTC 2022

As I stated, we do not share patterns on this listserv.  The purpose of
this division is to share our patterns by teaching others how to create the
item. In order to teach a class, you must be a paid member first and then
contact me for an agreeable time and date. If all we do is share patterns,
we don't help others build confidence.

Now, if you have a question about a portion of a pattern or how to do a
stitch, then you can share that particular portion with your question.

I hope this helps you understand why we do NOT share patterns on this
listserv.
Thank you!
Tammy
-----Original Message-----
From: NFB-Krafters-Korner <nfb-krafters-korner-bounces at nfbnet.org> On
Behalf Of Jolene Nemeth via NFB-Krafters-Korner
Sent: Friday, December 9, 2022 2:27 AM
To: List for blind crafters and artists <nfb-krafters-korner at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Jolene Nemeth <radar500 at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [NFB-Krafters-Korner] Sharing Pattern NOTICE!!!

i have noticed over the years that some copyrighted patterns say not to
share without permission and some say that it is okay if you make sure that
you give credit to the person who made the pattern. in the latter case
would it be okay to share if it is written on the pattern that you may do
so?
i also find that most patterns you have to pay for are copyrighted and not
for sharing. usually the free ones are able to be shared...

On 12/8/22, Tammy via NFB-Krafters-Korner <nfb-krafters-korner at nfbnet.org>
wrote:
> Thank you for NOT sharing patterns on this list!! If a pattern has a
> copywrite, you will be breaking the law and potentially creating a
> MAJOR problem for this division.  It will also result in receiving a
> call from me to discuss this problem.
>

> You can share links to a pattern, which is not against the law or the
> rules of this division.  The other options for a pattern is to offer
> to teach it in a class or join us on Friday evenings to ask questions
> about that pattern if it is being a challenge.
>
> Smile!  If there are any further questions about sharing on this
> listserv, please just ask.
>

> What you share off of this list is beyond the scope of my job.
>
> Smile!
>

> Have a wonderful crafty day!
>
> Tammy
>

> --
> Twitter.com/craftingblind To unsubscribe, change your list options or
> get your account info for
> NFB-Krafters-Korner:
> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfb-krafters-korner_nfbnet.org/radar
> 500%40gmail.com