[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Caring and Sharing Reminder

SHELLEY SCHUETT shelleyschuett at telus.net
Thu Sep 1 13:53:58 UTC 2022

Caring and Sharing Reminder

If you're busy hands have made several items for charity please don't forget
to let me know what kind of items you have donated and to which charity. In
July we revisited an awesome charity which is Operation Christmas Child,
because last year it was so well received by everyone. In August we learned
about Mittens for Detroit, which collects mittens all year round. You can
learn more about them by going to www.mittensfordetroit.org
<http://www.mittensfordetroit.org>  but we also encourage you to donate
locally if you know of a need in your community. Also remember to share with
me any purchased, gently used items or hours you spend volunteering with me.
If your making items for Operation Christmas Child remember that they like
to receive the items before November 15th to get them into boxes for this
year. You can find a drop off location near you by visiting
www.samaritanspurse.org <http://www.samaritanspurse.org>  if you wish you
can also send me pictures of your items with a description. Please send your
count of donated items or pictures to

shelleyschuett at telus.net <mailto:shelleyschuett at telus.net>

We will share the amount of items donated at the end of every month and
present a grand total at the convention as to what a difference a small
group of crafters can do when they put their hearts into it.

Did you know the first electric iron for pressing projects was invented in
1882  by Henry W.