[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Caring and Sharing Reminder

SHELLEY SCHUETT shelleyschuett at telus.net
Tue Sep 27 14:06:26 UTC 2022

Caring and Sharing Reminder

If you're busy hands have made several items for charity please don't forget
to let me know what kind of items you have donated and to which charity. In
July we revisited an awesome charity which is Operation Christmas Child,
because last year it was so well received by everyone. In August we learned
about Mittens for Detroit, which collects mittens all year round. You can
learn more about them by going to www.mittensfordetroit.org
<http://www.mittensfordetroit.org>  but we also encourage you to donate
locally if you know of a need in your community. Last night we learned about
different ways to help out animal shelters. The shelter we learned about was
the Anti-cruelty Society. You can visit anticruelty.org/diy to learn more
about this shelter and the types of items you can craft for them. I
encourage you to contact a shelter near you to see what types of items you
could craft for them. Also remember to share with me any purchased, gently
used items or hours you spend volunteering with me. If your making items for
Operation Christmas Child remember that they like to receive the items
before November 15th to get them into boxes for this year. You can find a
drop off location near you by visiting www.samaritanspurse.org
<http://www.samaritanspurse.org>  if you wish you can also send me pictures
of your items with a description. Please send your count of donated items or
pictures to

shelleyschuett at telus.net <mailto:shelleyschuett at telus.net>

We will share the amount of items donated at the end of every month and
present a grand total at the convention as to what a difference a small
group of crafters can do when they put their hearts into it.

Did you know a donated handmade item gives you warmth from the inside and
travels out and the receiver gets warmth from the outside and it travels
within them.