[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Length of a child's scarf

Ericka dotwriter1 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 21:54:49 UTC 2023

Hey Debi, thanks for the info. No the scarf that I was asking about is not going overseas but thank you and I’ll keep that bit of knowledge stuffed in my brain until needed. My friend came over today and I showed her how much I had done and she said it was just about right. She likes the idea that it’s a little longer so that he can wrap it around a couple of times. Wisconsin winters can be nasty. They showed their colors earlier this week for sure. I actually finished at night should have measured. It is really fuzzy thick from a blanket yarn in a smoky gray with teal crochet of like four rows on each end. Those are two of his favorite colors so her son will be thrilled.  I have to go purchase the fuzzy or at least chunky yarn in her daughters colors over the weekend. Nessa said the problem with him getting a scarf is that the first words out of her daughter Yanni‘s mouth will be, where is mine? Are those days of childhood. I was upset over something. Stupid too. I recall getting mad when oth other kids well my middle sister got a Cabbage Patch kid and I didn’t. Something stupid especially since I was in middle school I think. I didn’t take into the consideration that I was probably too old for dolls and two there’s a shortage, so it was hard to get.  Anyhow, I have my grandma‘s cabbage patch kid now. The one I got later I was able to pick out myself. And that I gave up long ago and gave my mom back so that the grandchildren could play with it. Goodness now I don’t know where Donna Nicole is. Everybody’s too old for dolls. She probably donated it to Goodwill!

Happy crafting as we push on into the holiday season. If everything goes well, I’ll be calling in tonight. There’s certainly no interest in going outside with / falling from the sky. Today we get the tree up. I mean we got the tree up. Christmas music in the air with no Santa Claus. Thank you very much. Amazon music does have a Christmas carols channel. Thank God.

Ericka Nelson