[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Successful Saturday

carcione at access.net carcione at access.net
Sun Dec 10 14:33:44 UTC 2023

I finished my little crochet cardinal last night!  Now I just have to figure
out how to attach him to the top of my wreath.  I guess I'll create a
hanging loop.

He's a cute little thing, about 4 inches tall, with a big head.  He was
looking very penguin-like for a while, but when I added the crest, wings and
tail it was good.  I showed the pattern picture to someone, and she said the
wings were folded along the body, but I made mine raised up,  ready to fly.

Thanks for the advice on stuffing and safety eyes.  I'd never used safety
eyes before, and now I know how to do it.  I also learned how to crochet in
the front or back loops, and what that looks like.

Tracy