[NFB-Krafters-Korner] From Sheep to Chic in Interweave

Dixie cobaltblueheron at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 14:36:01 UTC 2023

The Braille copy arrived at my doorstep yesterday.

I am going to have fun reading this one.

In 2011 I went to A spinning conference in Manchester, NH.  One of the
seminars I took was a sampling of different types of wools, I think we got
to work with 12 different varieties of sheep wool.  It was interesting to
learn the different qualities of the different fleeces.

Most of the wool I spin I know precisely what sheep the fleece came from.  I
buy my wool at the Connecticut Sheep Breeders wool sale, or from a shepherd
at either my spinning group or our town agricultural fair.

My friend Anne, who is a shepherdess, got the blue ribbon for this one
particularly nice black Romney fleece that I purchased from her.  I chuckle
because it is 3 bags full.

Dixie
@-> + <-@