[NFB-Krafters-Korner] other crafts

Bernice Bird bernice.j.bird at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 18:31:12 UTC 2023

I went through all of the craft books on BARD yesterday. I downloaded books
on braid rugs, felting, and weaving. Some of the books come both audio and
braille both. I downloaded both so I could skim through the audio, and then
read patterns on my braille note. I decided that felting is too much
trouble, and braid rugs take too much material. Wool or all cotton material
is best for braiding, and I just don't have access to going many times to
secondhand shops to accumulate enough material to make anything.

It was good though to explore.

The weaving book told how to make your own loom, which I'm not interested in
doing either. I would be interested in buying some lap type looms and
learning how to use them, if someone can help me learn how each one works.

I have a loom that I can make hot pads or placemats on, and my son-in-law
taught me how to work with it. It has a specific way to wind the yarn.

Bernice