[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Year end charity report

SHELLEY SCHUETT shelleyschuett at telus.net
Sat Jul 1 14:30:23 UTC 2023

We just completed our second year of our caring for sharing class and we had
a very successful year. The Purpose of this class is not only to learn new
skills or to share our skills, but to give our crafting a purpose by helping
out others and to show that blind crafters can make a big difference. Over
the last year we learned about 11 pacific charities, but we didn't stop
there in total our crafter's helped out 62 different charities. Only 16 of
our members took part in this project and they gave out 1914 miscellaneous
items, 2117 handcrafted items, volunteered 921 hours of their time and $820
was given in monitory donations.

Congratulations to all who took part in making a change for the better.

I am so very proud of all of you and you don't have to sign up for the
caring and sharing class to take part, but joining the class allows you to
come and learn the projects we are making for the charities.

If you have any questions about the caring for sharing class you may contact
me at:

shelleyschuett at telus.net <mailto:shelleyschuett at telus.net>