[NFB-Krafters-Korner] Cutting out a flower for decorative patching

Mary Kindrick mkindrick at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 26 18:32:18 UTC 2023

Tracy,

In the late 60s, when I was so very much younger and sighted, I decorated my
jeans with creative patchwork.  One method I used was making a double sided
patch.  This was just like the hearts for Mighty Miracles Foundation.
Whatever design I used, I sewed two  identical pieces together, (right sides
together )leaving a one inch opening to allow for turning right side out.
You can either hand sew the opening closed or stitch on a machine.  Then, I
attached the patch onto the jeans.  A simple stitch line within  a 1/4" edge
will work.  Or, you can attach the patch by using the fusible web material.

Unfortunately, I have not tried this in several years and cannot give advice
about creating a pattern.

I hope you have good luck with this project.  Maybe after you finish a pair,
you can share your suggestions with us.

Mary K.