[Nfb-kzoo] housing

gkitchen ghkitchen at comcast.net
Mon May 24 02:12:50 UTC 2010

Hi,

I can only speak about the experiences others have told me about co-op
housing--My best friend from work whwen we both worked at the private agency
for the blind here in Flint lived in Co-Op housing when she was at the
University of Michigan. I  do not remember all the details but she  really
liked it. I was lucky when I was in college I met a couple people in the
dorm cafeteria and we all agreed to room together in an apartment.  Things
worked out good and they even came home with me a couple of times; one time
was over Thanksgiving.
 I have never tried Craigs list so I can't speak about that. I wonder if
anyone associated with the Center for Independent Living would  be able to
help?

Now that I am over 50, I am sort of set in my ways. Luckily both my husband
and I eat vegetarian so I don't have to cook 2 different meals.I guess I
would have to live in one of those HUD places if I couldn't live here.

Georgia