[Nfb-kzoo] Future Meetings

Tyler merren twmerren at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 15:09:41 UTC 2010

Hello NFBers and Friends,
I'm writing to let you know that we have scheduled the next three meetings of the Kalamazoo chapter of the NFB at Galleghers Eatery on Stadium drive.  The meeting times are all 5:30-7:30ish in the evening, and they are all on the third Thursday of the next three months, so September 16, Octover 21, and November 18.  We had a great turnout last time and I hope that everyone can continue to attend and make the meetings as rich as the last one.  These are set-up so that 5:30 works with the busing schedule and the first portion of the meeting is free for conversation and eating, the second portion of the meeting is used for conducting business...well, socializing business as it usually is.  :)

Just a reminder that the meeting next week will be the meeting where we collect membership dues (these are $5 for the year) and we will be voting in members of office.  If you have an intent to run for an office position, you should let the group or someone on the group know ahead of time, so that your interest is known and you can be nominated.  Another note is that if you do not wish to pay the membership fee, you are still welcome and encouraged to attend the meetings, but you will not have the right to vote for elections or money usage for future events.  I'm sure that our treasurer would appreciate exact cash, though I believe that a check would suffice as well.

I'll be sending out an agenda a day or two before the meeting, and this will serve as a reminder of meeting as well.  The next agenda will be fairly short since the elections normally take some time.  Please contact me or anyone on the board if you have any questions.    As the year is getting started again for our group, we would truely appreciate any ideas that any individuals may have for the group to address...future projects that the group can focus on?

Current Board
President: Tyler Merren
Vice President: Matthew McCubbin
Treasurer: Megan Oroark