[NFB-Kzoo] Project R. E. C. Update!

Robert Earl Parsons robert.e.parsons at wmich.edu
Wed Oct 13 13:59:36 UTC 2021

Hey Kalamazoo Clan

It's the president of the Chunkies here providing an update on the official fundraiser of the National Federation of the Blind of Michigan! Our form of promoting Blind Equality Achievement Month (BEAM) includes a virtual fundraiser to create funds for our part in the creation of an affiliate-wide goalball league, the creation of our statewide Sports and Recreation division, and future projects! Our four team owners have been hard at work spreading the word and looking for virtual pledges and electronic donations for their respective teams. Below are the current rankings of donations received:

  1.  The Chunky Chargers - Robert Parsons (10 Shares| $50)
  2.  The Sparks - Jennifer Kennedy (2 Shares| $10)
  3.  The Navigators-Kashonia Graham/ The marauders - Mike Powell (0 Shares)
Remember, it is not too late for you to get in on the action. Our four team owners are looking for support either through help with sharing this link and fundraiser or by donating and pledging support. Remember, pledges are $5, you can donate to more than one team if you'd like, and you can donate more than once if you'd like. Finally, be sure to share the link below with the pledge form. After you've submitted a pledge, visit www.nfbmi/org<http://www.nfbmi/org> and use the donate button to submit your donation.

Project R.E.C. Form: https://forms.gle/6xCw2jUNMP5YvcaR9<https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fforms.gle%2F6xCw2jUNMP5YvcaR9&data=04%7C01%7Crobert.e.parsons%40wmich.edu%7C9f70c08c501148da8b3008d9835c1478%7C257622517aa94c72905f39bf026a8a84%7C0%7C0%7C637685253771753533%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=DPlYLK%2B5H2IkiJLTRM5vJXUO14WnkkSiG6%2BARCKPtus%3D&reserved=0>
Prizes
We did make a typo with the prizes and who they are designated for. Please note that the television is a prize designated for the donor that pledges the highest amount to the fundraiser.

  1.  Visio 55-inch Television (Awarded to the Donor that Pledges the Most Money)
  2.  Gourmet Chocolate Cheesecake (Awarded to the Team Owner that Raises the Most Money)
  3.  Echo Dot Speaker (Awarded to the Donor Whose Pledge Brings the Fundraiser Total Past $100)
  4.  Gourmet Chocolate Dipped Strawberries (Awarded to the Donor Whose Pledge Brings the Fundraiser Total Past  $500)
  5.  Google Nest Speaker  (Awarded to the Donor Whose Pledge Brings the Fundraising Total Past $1000)
If you are interested in donating or pledging to a team and are having trouble with the form, please contact me at (804) 801-7674 or Robert.E.Parsons at wmich.edu<mailto:Robert.E.Parsons at wmich.edu>. I'm so happy to be fundraising with all of you and hope you join me in building the Federation!

With Love,

Robert E. Parsons, Jr., M.A., CRC, CVRT
Board member| National Association of Blind Students
Board Member| National Federation of the Blind of Michigan
Doctoral Student| Counselor Education and Supervision
Western Michigan University '25
Pronouns: He, Him, His