[NFB-Kzoo] You're Invited: Join the NFBMI At Large Chapter

Robert Earl Parsons robert.e.parsons at wmich.edu
Sat Mar 12 14:39:26 UTC 2022

Happy Saturday Friends

In celebration of our virtual state board meeting in a few hours, I wanted to extend the invitation for any interested parties to join the NFB of Michigan At Large Chapter. This chapter seeks to provide the membership experience in a virtual or phone format while connecting Federationists that are located in parts of Michigan that provide challenges to attendance at in-person chapter meetings. The cost for membership dues is $6 and your membership can be guaranteed by filling out the form at At Large Chapter Membership Form | National Federation of the Blind of Michigan (nfbmi.org)<https://nfbmi.org/at-large-chapter-membership-form>.
Given the changes that the pandemic has caused for many of our chapters, our affiliate sends the message to everyone that if you are NOT active in a physical, local chapter as a dues-paying member, then we encourage you to join the At Large chapter. Though some NFB affiliates are opting to return completely in-person, the At Large chapter provides a needed resource to members that are unable to otherwise access our services. Please, spread the word of our chapter's existence to people you believe can benefit from all we offer. We look forward to working with all of you in the near future.

With Love, Hope and Determination

Robert E. Parsons, Jr., M.A., CRC, CVRT
Board Member| National Association of Blind Students
Board Member| National Federation of the Blind of Michigan
Doctoral Student| Counselor Education and Supervision
Western Michigan University '25
Pronouns: He, Him, His
P: (269) 216-8640