[Nfb-lions] New member

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 4 10:42:33 UTC 2013

Dar if anyone does the pledge of allegiance, you always stand for it.
Whether you are a Lion or not, you might ask them where the flag is prior to where you are seated so you know when you stand, you also keep standing for the lions prayer, and you always use water for the toast.
If they are being rude to you, you may want to find another chapter. Lions do things year round and very active, we only raise money to give it away. And Lions is the oldest non-profit it in the world starting in 2017 will be 100 years but a Insurance Salesman, and at first they didn't allow women in there clubs, then we were added by the group lionesses, now most of us are integrated into just the Lions clubs. It is still primarily a man's club. So there are only 3 women in mine.
We recently had one of our charter members here in Brentwood, Long Island pass away last year. Senator Caesar Trunzo, who with the current President's Father started our chapter over 40 years ago.
The Senator was a good man, and stayed a Lion even when as a senator which many politicians do not do, as well as the local Brentwood Chamber of Commerce.
Lions do a very beautiful presentation at a wake, we had 3 former district governors including our current one, and about 10 of us at the wake on Saturday night.
It is a good club, but just like any organization including our own, you have people who think they are more important than what the organization is and that is wrong.
Take care and hope you become a Lion
Again, there might be another one in your area, and you don't have to be part of your own towns Lions club, once a lion always a lion.
Yours in Lionism
Cheryl

Disabled Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 of NY StateLeading the Way in Independent Travel!
Cheryl Echevarria, Ownerhttp://www.echevarriatravel.com631-456-5394reservations@echevarriatravel.comhttp://www.echevarriatravel.wordpress.com
Affiliated as an independent contractor with Montrose TravelCST - #1018299-10 FL CST T156780Your old car keys can be the keys to literacy for a blind child.  Donate your unwanted vehicle to us by clicking https://nfb.org/vehicledonations or call 855-659-9314.Echevarria Travel has partnered with Braille Smith. http://www.braillesmith.com for all her braille needs.Gail Smith is the Secretary of the NFB of Alabama