[Nfb-lions] beep baseball

Ramona Walhof walhoframona at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 17:47:57 UTC 2016

I do not believe I received this message on the list.  Thank you, Milton,
for sending it.

Bonnie, the better friends you can be with your local Lions, the more input
you will have in what they do.  If it is a partnership with the NF B, you
need to be a real partner.

Beep baseball can be fun for both sighted and blind people.  It does take
some preparation.  You need sighted pitchers and catchers.  Sighted people
have generally played baseball before which can be an advantage, so the
blind people should getout and try it, both batting and field work.  Then
you need to be sure you know and agree on the rules before the big game.  If
you have press, you have to work with them to try to get the kind of
coverage you want, but it can work well for all concerned.

I have some experience with beep baseball and a lot morewith Lions, but not
together. The beep baseballs are somewhat expensive, but I think you use
standard bats.

Ramona Walhof, co-chair

NFB Lions Group.