[Nfb-lions] A Modest Proposal From One Lion To Other Lions

Paul Smith paulsmith at samobile.net
Mon Oct 10 10:07:30 UTC 2016

Hello, my fellow Lions on this list.  Hope your day is going well today.

Here is the modest proposal I have for you, especially if you still
have all your belongings.  Perhaps your clubs, regions, districts or
zones have already done this.

We all know about the devastation wrought by Hurricane Matthew in the
states of Florida, Georgia and the Carolinas, with untold numbers of
people having lost everything.  Perhaps you can talk to the people who
handle your club's finances to determine if, in fact, they can send to
Lions Clubs in affected areas some money to help with the relief effort
and in trying to rebuild shattered lives caused by Matthew.  After all,
if we were in a similar situation would we not want the same from
others? I know that we blind individually don't have the financial
resources to help that much, but even a dollar will help some.  And, if
you're wondering I've already made a contribution, though small, to the
relief effort.  I've even communicated my thoughts to two local radio
stations here in the Baltimore area, and will do so over an
Internet-based radio station tomorrow.

For those of you who may be residing in Florida, I have a question:
Did the headquarters campus of Southeastern Guide Dogs sustain any
damage from Matthew, and the same for the Department of Blindness and
Visual Services in Daytona Beach? I think that we Lions collectively
could do something in this regard, in my opinion.

Thanking you for any responses you may have, I am yours in Lionism, Lion Paul.