[Nfb-lions] Introduction

Paul Smith paulsmith at samobile.net
Sat Sep 3 10:56:01 UTC 2016

Hello Marianne and welcome to this list.  My name is Paul and I live in
Baltimore, the NFB's headquarters city, but am not a member of that
group as I tend to lean toward ACB.  This list is a low-traffic one,
but what is posted is always informative.

I'm currently working on a Lions Service Project in District 22A to
read for about an hour over our local radio reading service here in
Baltimore.  My program is called "This and That," because the sources
that I get my material from are many and varied.  I tend to focus on
uplifting, inspiring and encouraging types of articles.

Do you subscribe to NFB Newsline, whether over the phone or on your
computer? I ask this because there was a very interesting article in
the September 2016 Lion Magazine about a club in San Francisco
concerning First Responders.  About activities in your area, have you
considered working at the San Francisco Lighthouse or the rehab center
in Oakland? Before he moved here to Baltimore the late Dr. Kenneth
Jernigan worked at that facility.

Anyway will close for now, and hopefully others will also welcome you
to this list.  Lion Paul in District 22A