[NFB-Lions] White Cane Days.

Jennifer Gass jengass73 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 02:35:38 UTC 2021

Hi fellow NFB Lions,

I know I do not often contribute to this list but just wanted to share that I have my club and other clubs in my district do white cane day in partnership with the local NFB chapter‘s white cane walk and celebration. Lions can help promote the event take part in the walk and attend the restaurant fundraiser set for that day to benefit the NFB. Our club and many others were not doing any white came project before I joined and as a member of both organizations a tookleadership in bringing this up as a white cane activity that benefits the blind without having us out begging with cups on the corner. I believe this helps Lions promote the positive philosophy of blindness, bring awareness to the white cane and help raise funds for blindness programs and services. It also brings the blind and cited community together. at the small event at the park proceeding the socially distance walk where we received our white king proclamation from a city Council woman, I passed out white canes with the white cane safety/site conservation stickers on them to represent Lions as well as the NFB. It was a good collaboration and has worked well for us for the past five years plus. #WeServe

Jennifer Gass
MD4-A1