[NFB-Lions] Hellen Keller Celebration

Judy Jones sonshines59 at gmail.com
Thu May 13 23:20:35 UTC 2021

HK_Month_Invite.pdf

2

The Lions of MD19 KNIGHTS OF THE BLIND COMMITTEE

invites you to join us on a virtual tour of THE HELEN KELLER MUSEUM

Sunday, May 23, 2021 - 1pm to 3pm (PDT)

and to participate in

Lions Helen Keller Vision Month

8

●

Join us on an Exclusive Guided Virtual Tour of THE HELEN KELLER MUSEUM in Tuscumbia, Alabama, the birthplace and childhood home of Helen Keller and location

of the famous water pump. We will be guided by Susan Harrel, VP of Tuscumbia,Alabama Lions Club.

●

Learn about the June HELEN KELLER MONTH as we revisit Helen Keller’s challenge to the Lions “to become Knights of the Blind” and showcase years of achievements

●

Learn about MD19 Lions Knights of the Blind Committee and its commitment to Helen’s challenge in today’s world, and how you can become a part of that mission.

●

Deaf-Blind Communication Methods

●

Clubs are invited to participate in celebrating the Legacy of Helen Keller. We have prepared a kit filled withideas andinformation to share Helen’s Vision

ofAdvocacy,Accessibility andIndependence. For more details about the kit contactArt Ruben at since1965 at aol.com.

NOTE:Although reservations are not required, you may let us know if you plan to attend, so we can prepare for the number of participants, or learn more

about the Knights of the Blind, you can email kotb.md19 at hotmail.com All participants other than the panel will be muted during the presentation.

ZOOM Connections:

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81487439241?pwd=bk0zN01ZY0pWTGxVVTVPb1pqR0VKQT09

Meeting ID: 814 8743 9241 Passcode: 938222

One tap mobile: from US: +12532158782,,81487439241# from Canada: +16473744685,,81487439241#

Dial from USA: +1 253 215 8782 Dial from Canada: +1 647 374 4685

If you requireASL interpretation contact kotb.md19 at hotmail.com no later than May 10 with your request, and we will accommodate you as best we can.

Judy

🌄 (sunrise over mountains)

“embrace each day with His mercies and blessings.”