[NFB-Lions] Missoula Lions: activities benefiting the blind

Jennifer Gass jengass73 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 20:59:13 UTC 2021

Very cool ROBERT! Vision screening is such a wonderful service. Keep up the great service Lions! 😁

  Our district owns four of the welch-Allyn spot vision screening cameras. We just borrowed one October 7 to do a public vision screening and saw 11 people, seven of whom we are following up with to see if they can be assisted with an eye exam and/or glasses. We brought in over 350 pairs of eyeglasses and some hearing aids to recycle through our Lions In Sight  Center and Lions Hearing Foundation here in California as well. Looking forward to our white cane awareness walk with our mayoral proclamation ceremony at the beginning and our Mountain Mike’s Pizza fundraiser at the en  this Friday, a collaboration of NFB and Lions, benefiting the San Joaquin Chapter NFB of CA. Our club’s second bench earned from the “bags for benches” soft plastics recycling project is being installed this Saturday morning at 10:30 AM.Representatives of the local NFB and Sisters of the White Cane group here locally will be on hand to receive certificates of appreciation from our Lions for their collaboration in our project. Exciting events taking place in October! #BLINDMonth#LionsClub

Jennifer Gass,
Stockton-San Joaquin Lions Club
San Joaquin County Chapter, National Federation of the Blind