[NFB-Muslims] My first Arabic Braille class was awesome!!!

ali benmerzouga ali.benmerzouga at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 11 15:12:46 UTC 2021

Salaam to all,

Trust all is well with you and your loved ones.

I would like to inform you that yesterday I have had my first Arabic Braille
class and I've learned the Braille code of the first 14 letters of the
Arabic alphabet. I am so happy and excited!!!

The Instructor/teacher )Dr. Samia) was really knowledgeable and presented
her material extremely well!

So far, I can safely say that the Arabic Braille is more or less the same as
the English Braille. The six dot cell is used and all the letter/short forms
(sometimes) codes that we know in English are going to be used. The reading
is also going to be from left to right, I believe!

One more thing please, both Brother Salahuddin and Sister Samia are PhD
holders. FYI.

I am really excited and motivated in learning more during these great Arabic
Braille classes. I encourage you all to be part of these classes as soon as
you have a chance

I would like to thank everyone who made this opportunity a reality!

Jazakum Allahu Khayran!

Have a great day y'all.

Salaam to all,

Brother Ali